Robert J. Koenke is a member of the American Society of Appraisers and has extensive experience in the art world. His specialty is sporting and wildlife art. His experience includes 24 years as owner, publisher and editor-in-chief of the world`s largest wildlife artpublication, Wildlife Art.
He has served on numerous art advisory boards including the Bell Museum of Natural History, Minneapolis, MN; the Waterfowl Festival,Easton MD; and the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, Charleston, SC and is a trustee of the Academy Art Museum in Easton, MD. He also co-founded and served as vice president and trustee of the Yellowstone National Art Trust, serving Yellowstone National Park.
Mr. Koenke holds a B.A. degree from Hamline University, St. Paul, MN and a degree in Fine Arts Appraisal from Pratt Institute in New York. He also has taught art and marketing at many workshops including the Teton School of Art; the Beartooth School of Art; the Susan K. Black Foundation Workshop, and several international workshops.
Mr. Koenke has co-published three books on artists Wilhelm Kuhnert, Bob Kuhn and Lanford Monroe.
- Biggs Museum of American Art, Trustee, Dover, Delaware
- Bennington Center for the Arts, Board of Directors, Bennington, Vermont
- Academy Art Museum, Trustee, Easton, Maryland
- Susan K. Black Foundation, Board of Directors, Lake George, Colorado
- Bell Museum of Natural History, Advisory Board, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Waterfowl Festival, Advisory Art Board, Easton, Maryland
- American Association of Museums, Member
- American Society of Appraisers, Candidate Member